SEO is the abbreviation of Search Engine Optimisation. It is all about learning and using tactics, strategies to enhance the visibility of web resources like websites, web pages in various search engine results pages. If you are an SEO executive then you need to have the basics right to be successful in your digital marketing campaign. This blog discusses the SEO basics that are helpful in your for the professional search engine optimizer.
Understand What the Customers Are Looking For
It is to understand that as a professional SEO executive it is very difficult on your part to optimize a website without understanding what the customers are looking for. You as a search engine optimizer need to use common sense to figure out what your customers are searching for.
You need to adhere to the following points to comprehend what your customers are looking for:-
- Try figuring out the most popular method in which people search for your business.
- Comprehend other ways people search for the same thing using a search engine.
- Emphasize long-tail keywords while searching using a search engine.
- Do granular searches more according to the requirements of the customers.
- Search For popular as well as engaging topics in your field and write contents on those topics.
- Try expanding your keyword list.
To be successful in search engine optimization you need to take into consideration people’s views about a particular topic or niche. You need to discuss the problems that the people are facing. You need to talk to the customers and find out the language that they are using.
Following are some of the important ways by which you can become successful in search engine optimization:-
- Post in Forums
- Do keyword research and analysis
- Comprehend the metrics that are behind the targeted keywords. These metrics may include keyword difficulty, search volume, domain authority, page authority, keyword competitiveness.
- To do keyword research and analysis it is advised that you create an excel sheet, highlight the metrics that you are using, populate the respective metric’s field with values as against the keyword that you are using.
- Create Webpages that are optimized for searches
Focus on On-Page Optimisation
Keyword research and analysis is the first step to attract organic traffic to your business. Next focus on on-page optimization in a digital marketing campaign. If you are using a Word Press website then it is recommended that you install appropriate plugins on your website. Create on-page content that is relevant to your business. In this context, it is relevant to add that there are three types of searches and they are navigational, informational, and transactional. For more on this visit relevant resources available online.
Following are some of the tips to focus on on-page optimization:-
- Use short and descriptive URLs
- Create compelling meta titles as well as descriptions
- Use headers as well as sub-headers to create a logical structure
- Focus on optimizing your images
- Lay emphasis on setting up a schema